Requirements of the Artist/Writer:
- - Must be over 21
- - Applicants must show professional commitment to their craft and creative community through submitted resume and work samples.
- - Please review our Inclusion and Diversity and Partnership information
- - Completion of a competitive application process
- -Collaborating artists may apply and be accepted as collaborating artists who share studio space and housing. Each must submit an application.
- - Artist’s and writer’s applications will be considered based on their work submitted and their interest in the program, and their proposed collaboration with a partnering organization if the opportunity is offered.
- - Selected artists/writer will correspond with the Good Hart Artist Residency staff and nonprofit partners about logistics and arrangements.
- - Good Hart Artist Residency alumni are allowed to re-apply after a three-year hiatus from the program. Alumni seeking residency must submit a complete application including recent work samples and current resume.
- - Please review the program details section of our website for complete information on the residency.
Timeline for 2020 Program
- - The application deadline is January 15, 2020 (Please note that we may limit the number of writer applications to be considered to ensure a reasonable response time. Please check our website or Submittable to see whether applications are still being accepted at this time.)
- - Notification of acceptance by phone or email between February 27-29, 2020
- - Artist commitment to the residency is due March 6, 2020
Your application must include:
- - Preference for dates of residency
- - Resume including related experience and website information
- - Statement of intent including a one or two paragraph project description outlining your purpose for the residency
- - Two references including contact information
- - Application fee of $25 dollars U.S.
- - If you select a residency in collaboration with one of our community partners please provide a brief summary of the community event or workshop you would offer during your residency. Please review the partner’s page carefully regarding the type of collaboration the partner is looking for with an artist or writer.
- - Visual artists shall submit images of 6-9 examples of artwork, images should include title, medium and creation date for each work submitted.
- - Writers must be currently working on a project. Writers shall submit three to five pages of a work in progress and an excerpt of no more than ten pages of a completed work. Samples of previously published work must include a link to the published work or information for accessing the published work. Projects may be in poetry, short stories, novels, essays, plays, screenplays, and/or creative nonfiction. At this time, the Good Hart Artist Residency is not able to accept writing samples in languages other than English.
- - Please note that we may limit the number of writer applications to be considered to ensure a reasonable response time. Please check our website or Submittable to see whether applications are still being accepted at this time.
If you have any issues with the online application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org