Good Hart Artist Residency
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Requirements of the Artist, Writer or Composer/Songwriter:
- Must be over 21
- Applicants must show professional commitment to their craft and creative community through submitted resume and work samples.
- Please review our Inclusion and Diversity and Partnership information
- Completion of a competitive application process
- Collaborating artists may apply and be accepted as collaborating artists who share studio space and housing. Each must submit an application.
- Artist’s and writer’s and composer’s applications will be considered based on their work submitted, their interest in the program, and their proposed collaboration with a partnering organization if the opportunity is offered.
- Selected artists/writers/composers will correspond with the Good Hart Artist Residency staff and nonprofit partners about logistics and arrangements.
- Good Hart Artist Residency alumni are allowed to re-apply after a three-year hiatus from the program. Alumni seeking residency must submit a complete application including recent work samples and current resume.
- Please review the program details section of our website for complete information on the residency.
Timeline for 2021 Program - Writers and Composer/Songwriters only
- The application deadline is February 17, 2021 (Please note that we are limiting the number of writer submissions to 40 applications to ensure a reasonable response time. If we reach the limit prior to the deadline a notice will be posted on our website and Submittable.)
- We have closed the application process for writer residencies as we have reached our maximum limit of applications.
- Notification of acceptance by phone or email in early April 2021
- Commitment to the residency is due by April 15, 2021
Note to Visual Artist:
The next open call for visual artists will start in mid-November 2021 for available residency time slots in the spring and summer of 2022. For the summer of 2021, we are rebooking residencies for selected artists that chose to do so. We have one designated residency time slot for the artist that is selected through the Elevating Diverse Voices – Curated Residency in partnership with Juana Williams. The two remaining spring/summer 2021 visual artist residency time slots will be filled by invitation. Consideration will be given to candidates that have previously applied to our program.