Requirements of the Artist/Writer:
- Must be over 21
- Need to have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field and pursuing art or writing as a professional career or if self-taught have pursued art or writing as a professional career
- Please review our Inclusion and Diversity and Partnership information
- Completion of a competitive application process
- Artist’s and writer’s applications will be considered based on their work submitted and their interest in the program
- Selected artists/writer will correspond with the Good Hart Artist Residency staff and nonprofit partners about logistics and arrangements.
- Good Hart Artist Residency alumni are allowed to re-apply after a three-year hiatus from the program. Alumni seeking residency must submit a complete application including recent work samples and current resume.
Please review the program details section of our website for complete information on the residency.
Ends on January 15, 2019
Your application must include:
- Preference for dates of residency
- Resume including related experience and website information
- Statement of intent including a one or two paragraph project description outlining your purpose for the residency
- Two references including contact information
- Application fee of $25 dollars U.S.
- If you select a residency in collaboration with one of our community partners please provide a brief summary of the community event or workshop you would offer during your residency. Please review the partner’s page carefully regarding the type of collaboration the partner is looking for with an artist or writer.
- Visual artists shall submit images of 6-9 examples of artwork, plus a PDF or TXT file which includes the medium and creation date for each work submitted.
- Writers must be currently working on a project. Writers shall submit three to five pages of a work in progress and an excerpt of no more than ten pages of a completed work. Samples of previously published work must include a link to the published work or information for accessing the published work. Projects may be in poetry, short stories, novels, essays, plays, screenplays, and/or creative nonfiction. Writing submissions must be in English, please.
If you have any issues with the online application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org