Your application must include:
- Preference for dates of residency
- Resume including related experience and website information
- Statement of intent including a one or two paragraph project description outlining your purpose for the residency
- Two references including contact information
- Application fee of $25 dollars U.S.
- Provide a brief summary of a proposed community event or workshop you would offer during your residency. Please review the partner’s page carefully regarding the type of collaboration the partner is looking for with an artist, writer, or composer. Connecting with the local community is an important part of our program. Once a candidate is selected they will work with the Good Hart Artist Residency and a nonprofit partner to better define a community event that works for all parties.
- Writers must be currently working on a project. Writers shall submit three to five pages of a work in progress and an excerpt of no more than ten pages of a completed work. Samples of previously published work must include a link to the published work or information for accessing the published work. Projects may be in poetry, short stories, novels, essays, plays, screenplays, and/or creative nonfiction. Writing submissions must be in English, please.
- Composers shall submit three digital samples of your music, a live performance video (if you are a performing songwriter/composer), and links to online content.
- Please note that we are limiting the number of writer submissions to 40 applications to ensure a reasonable response time. If we reach the limit prior to the deadline a notice will be posted on our website and Submittable.
If you have any issues with the online application please contact us at email@example.com